The Rise of Digital Marketing on Websites
Nowadays, nearly every business has a website. However, websites vary drastically, from being a simple page including tidbits of information about a store’s business hours to an utterly detailed site featuring weekly blog posts, reviews, and videos. Market shares are increasing significantly from leading retail e-commerce companies in the United States. In addition to having a reliable brand, loyal customers, and trustworthy inventory, consistently updating an engaging website can increase conversions and broaden an enterprises’ outreach.
5 Things to Put on Your Website to Boost Engagement
The ways in which to enhance your online presence via your website are vast and infinite. Five critical tips include the following:
- Regularly add new content: Many websites are not updated on a consistent basis, which can leave users wondering if they ever need to return to a site again if nothing new pops up. Always have relevant content that pertains to your brand, products, and services. For instance, if you are selling merchandise, include articles on how to use them, interview influencers who love your products, give gift ideas on who needs them, and showcase how they can improve customers’ lives. Study your audience and figure out who your target clients are. You can then word your language and branding to match your target consumers and engage them with each updated post.
- Publish relevant resources: Not all customers buy things from a website right away. Instead, they may need time to research a service until they feel inclined to make a purchase. Thus, it is essential to publish resources for website users to bookmark, share, and link with others. For instance, if your business sells a service such as getting people to eat healthier, you can write articles about nutritious food to check out, fun facts about various exercises, and exclusive personal trainers’ interviews. Be impartial with information and focus more on helping your audience, leading to more brand awareness and visibility.
- Utilize marketing automation: Optimize various tasks to gain a higher return on investment and maintain a more personalized experience. For example, email marketing keeps consumers in the know of seasonal deals, weekly insights, and reminders of anything they may have left in their carts. Companies can collect emails by automatically enrolling them into newsletters when they make a purchase or offering discounts for those who subscribe to email listservs. Mobile marketing allows you to engage with clients via push notifications and customer service chatbots. Social marketing automation can enable users to seamlessly share brand content with others and engage in contests and polls. Marketing automation similarly allows businesses to track engagement and measure reports of campaigns, promotions, purchases, and visitor identification.
- Design a unique template and writing style: Your brand needs to be reflected in your writing tone and website templates. For instance, you can write content in a relaxed and friendly manner or adopt a more formal approach. You can fill your blogs with witty remarks or stick to factual information. Furthermore, differentiate yourself by the type of website you create. Choose brand colors and images that reflect the company’s values and voice, and make sure all illustrations and fonts are easy to read.
- Be mobile-friendly: Mobile e-commerce is on the rise, as millions of U.S. consumers have smartphones. Often, people make purchases on their laptops, but also on their phones and tablets. Create ways to make purchases quick and efficient, such as by adding a “buy now” option. Double-check you have a responsive website design that is easy to navigate on any device. Make each page quick to load and process payments by reducing plugins and compressing images.
In addition to these five tips, ensure that your website is easy to navigate and a fun experience for the user. Add a noticeable search box so content can easily be located and keep your website interactive and user-friendly.
Many companies have their own website, but it is vital to keep visitors engaged by sharing resources, updating content, and making things relevant. By keeping websites user-friendly and exciting, conversion rates and broader brand awareness can emerge.
To learn more about increasing engagement on your website, contact the experts at Outside the Box Marketing at 860-375-0297.